I didn’t know what “Context Clues” were, but this helped me to figure it out. Word.
“Put it on the Main Viewer” September 15, 2014
Star Trek (The Original Series) in Dramatic Widescreen
Putting Two & Two Together On Dress Sizes September 13, 2014
Men: This post may blow your mind.
Women: This post will make you laugh.
Yesterday, I learned something from my friend Colleen that I had never heard before: Ladies’ adult dress sizes only come in even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6…) while junior ladies’ dress sizes are odd numbers (1, 3, 5…)! The difference between the two takes into account the curves of maturity. Previously to this, I had no idea.
But ladies, before you judge and mock me, ask yourselves, “How many yards does an onside kick have to go?”
“Stranger Than Fiction” September 12, 2014
Will Farrell’s “Stranger Than Fiction,” is surprisingly quirky and beautiful. All of the actors (Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Gyllenhall, & Queen Latifah) are excellent. I would post a preview here, but (like Ewan McGregor’s “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen,”) this movie is better seen cold. You can watch it now for free on Crackle.
Everyone Has Time to Read the Four Gospels September 10, 2014
People say that they don’t have time to read the four most important books in human history, but the truth is that everyone does. It is simply a question of our priorities. Given the average person’s reading speed and the number of words in each book, about how long does it take to read the Gospels?
Matthew: 1 hour, 14 minutes
Mark: 46 minutes
Luke: 1 hour, 18 minutes
John: 1 hour, 3 minutes
The Four Gospels: 4 hours, 21 minutes
For comparison, you can read:
- Mark in the typical span of one quarter of NFL football.
- John in the time lost watching commercials in four hours of cable TV.
- Matthew in the average span of four Major League Baseball innings.
- Luke in the typical length of one half of an NBA playoff game.
- Matthew & Mark in the time it took to see Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
- Mark & Luke in the span of three plays of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album.
- Matthew & John in the average time of one regular season NBA game.
- Luke & John in the time it took to see Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Mark, Luke, & John in the time you took to watch Peter Jackson’s King Kong.
- Matthew, Mark, & John in the time of an average NFL football game.
- Matthew, Mark, & Luke in the theater runtime of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Matthew, Luke, & John in the time it took you to see M. Night Shyamalan’s The Sixth Sense twice.
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John in time it takes to watch the first season of Sherlock, or five episodes of House of Cards or Game of Thrones.
If we have had the time for any of the things above, what excuse will we have for someday appearing before the Lord Jesus without having read his Gospels? Put first things first, and take time today to begin reading his four Gospels.