Without these insights, “you shall not pass” as an actor.
It’s the Same Old Tune August 27, 2014
But have you ever heard these musical theft victims before?
See if you can I.D. who stole from them. (Answers below.)
1. “Islands in the Stream” by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton (Skip to 1:00 mark)
2. “Forget Me Nots” by Patrice Rushen
3. “Pastime Paradise” by Stevie Wonder
4. I Wish – Stevie Wonder
5. “Are You My Woman” by the Chi-Lites
Answers (Highlight to Reveal):
1. “Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)” by Ol’ Dirty Bastard & Mýa
2. “Men in Black” by Will Smith
3. “Gangster’s Paradise” by Coolio
4. “Wild, Wild West” by Will Smith
5. “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce
Interesting Facts About Statuary Hall August 26, 2014
The National Statuary Hall Collection on display throughout the U.S. Capitol building features statues of notable persons representing all fifty states. Each state selects and donates two statues, sometimes replacing a previous monument with a new honoree.
The collection includes:
- An Oklahoman who said:
“America has the best politicians money can buy.”
“Congress is so strange; a man gets up to speak and says nothing, nobody listens, and then everybody disagrees.”
“The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.”
“There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the entire government working for you.”
- A Senator for the states of Illinois, Minnesota, & Missouri
- A Coloradoan who flew to the moon
- The Father of television
- The First Physician to use ether anesthetic
- The Last Surviving, and sole Catholic, signer of the Declaration of Independence
“The Gentleman’s Wager” August 24, 2014
A cool short film (an advertisement) starting Jude Law and That Guy.
I like this story for its sense of adventure and spirit of friendship. (It reminds me of amusements I’ve created for friends on a much smaller scale.) Yet, these luxury-trading rich men’s lives are as futile as the Other Guy’s knot — weaving and untying to no purpose. “Johnnie Walker Blue–the drink of choice for bored people much wealthier than you.”