One reason I will vote against President Obama on November 6th is that he disregards both the Rule of Law and the Constitution he swore to “preserve, protect and defend.” In the past four years, he has demonstrated this by:
- Placing U.S. citizens on a “Kill List” without due process.
- Waging war in Libya in violation of the War Powers Act.
- Enacting provisions of the DREAM Act after Congress refused to pass them.
- Ignoring Chrysler bond holders’ rights to benefit the UAW Union.
- Extorting $20 billion from British Petroleum.
- Granting 1,231 Obamacare waiver-exemptions to select companies.
- Signing the IPAB into law, Obamacare’s soon-to-be forever unalterable “Death Panel”.
- Invoking executive privilege to conceal who’s responsible for “Fast and Furious.”
- Making unconstitutional recess appointments while Congress was in session.
- Maintaining a defacto ban on new offshore oil drilling despite a federal ruling.
- Reducing the “freedom of religion” to “freedom of worship.”
- Violating the 1st Amendment rights of religious groups and individuals.
- Refusing to enforce and legally defend the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Waiving work requirements from the 1996 Welfare Reform law.
- Instructing businesses to violate the WARN Act and promising to pay their fines.
Expect more of this, and worse than this, if Obama is chosen for a second term.